PETZL MAESTRO (Small and Large) is a descender designed for technical rescue operations. It facilitates the manipulation of heavy loads, for lowering or hauling, and may be used in both the primary system or in a back-up belay. This versatility allows rescuers to adapt to any situation they may encounter on the rescue scene. The ergonomic handle and integrated brake allow for comfortably controlled descent. Shifting from lowering position to hauling position is immediate, without the need to transfer the load. The integrated progress-capture pulley has a large diameter sheave mounted on sealed ball bearings, ensuring excellent hauling efficiency. The AUTO-LOCK system automatically locks the rope when the handle is not in use. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle.
- Great versatility, ideal for technical rescue:
– locking system with integrated progress-capture pulley allows the same device to be used for descent and hauling
– can be used in both a single or twin primary system and in a back-up belay (more information on this technique in the product’s instructions for use and in technical tips at www.petzl.com)
– lower connection point can be used to create different types of hauling systems
– hole in the handle for installation of a distance control cord
- Easy to use:
– easy rope installation, thanks to the markings on the device
– ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released progressively and enables comfortable control of the descent
– an immediate shift from lowering position to hauling position without having to transfer the load
– AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be blocked automatically when the handle is not in use. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle.
- Efficient for handling heavy loads:
– integrated progress-capture pulley with very large diameter sheave mounted on sealed ball bearings; rotates in only one direction for excellent hauling efficiency
– sheave is faceted, creating additional friction zones for the rope and thus additional braking on descents
– integrated brake on the device to adjust the friction based on the load and the rope diameter
-The MAESTRO S descender is compatible with 10.5 to 11.5 mm ropes and allows the handling of loads up to 250 kg.- The MAESTRO L descender is compatible with 12.5 to 13 mm ropes and allows the handling of loads up to 280 kg.
- Rope compatibility: 10.5 to 11.5 mm diameter
- Rope compatibility: 12.5 to 13.0 mm diameter
[thrive_lead_lock id=’56688′]Hidden Content[/thrive_lead_lock]
Peace on your Days