Any time equipment is to be used with a new carabiner, a compatibility test is recommended.
Petzl does tests for Petzl products and carabiners; specific details on compatibility are mentioned in the Instructions for Use for the devices.
• Verify that the chosen carabiner is suitable for the intended use
• Verify that the carabiner’s cross-section is suitable
• Check that the carabiner does not jam in the device’s attachment hole
• Assess the possibility of the carabiner getting into a bad position and the stability of this bad position
• Check the risk of interference between the elements of the system and the carabiner sleeve
For devices fitted with a flexible carabiner positioning piece (ZIGZAG, PIRANA…) repeat the compatibility test whenever you install a new carabiner. The flexible piece may have been deformed by the last carabiner, and may not correctly position the new one.
[thrive_lead_lock id=’51985′]Hidden Content[/thrive_lead_lock]
Peace on your Days