People follow people with a cause. Like it or not… leaders without a valiant cause will never have a following that lasts and certainly will never inspire people to greatness. Leaders lead leaders and leaders will follow leaders… Is authority really the only thing that matters? Lets find out.
As I read up on this subject, I found some interesting things about building a ecosystem that brings people through a process that when they reach the other side… they have been transformed. How does this happen? There is a term used today called “Mass Movement”. What is this and is a Mass Movement created? Lets review a some information I passed your way not to long ago. We discussed one of three elements of building a following.
- A charismatic leader is an attractive leader.
- People want a Future to look forward to… and they need a Cause to believe in.
- Movements may attract people, but they need a New Opportunity. They need a Vehicle Of Change.
Consider the following…
- Where can those you want to lead place their hope and faith? All great movements and advancement in leadership is built on hope, because without hope, faith can not be acted upon to move forward and change. Isn’t this what leaders want?… To move forward? It comes down to Opportunity vs Improvement.
- Help them break their own 4 minute mile. People need to see that other people can change “their own” landscape, influence the masses and make incredible changes in the world around them. People need to see the vision of where you are taking them.
- Let me Self Identify. We identify (with ourselves), but understanding those around us and where they have been. They need to identify with those in their group, or there will be no connection with you or the other members. The moniker here is Community. We talk a lot about this, but rarely if ever achieve it. It is the clue that holds your team and your leadership together.
Here is an exercise…
- Identify the charismatic leader… Who are you?
- My name is [Lance Piatt]
- Identify YOUR movement.
- I am part of a group of underground thought leaders and world changers that are desperately looking for a place to grow, expand and influence.
- US vs THEM
- TAKE A STAND: We don’t rely on rules or the status quo to tell us who we are. We have visions, dreams and have ideas and goals that we KNOW can change people’s lives.
- BE DIFFERENT: We fight the “old guard” and non relevant “traditions”. We are mindful of time, energy and money issues, BUT… we are smart and savvy and have tools that others have never dreamed of.
- WHAT IS YOUR COLLECTIVE FIGHT AGAINST?: I fight against ill-logic, senior level mindsets and the dulling of visions through procedures… status quo.
- WHO AM I?: I am a world changer!
Pretty wild stuff right? Next time we’ll jump into The New Opportunities we have, build and increase.
Peace on your days…
Oh, and by the way… leadership building and building rigging systems are very similar.