All maneuvers must be done on two independent rope systems. These two systems can work in parallel (two haul lines) or separately (work rope and belay rope).
1. Examples of hauling with work rope and belay rope.
All hauling and positioning forces are concentrated on the work rope. The belay rope is set up and kept taut enough to hold the load in the event of anchor or work rope failure.
- Quick and simple setup, only one mechanical-advantage system needed.
- Two different systems may be used, for example a mechanical haul system (winch…).
- Configuration suited to small work spaces.
- If the work rope breaks, the clearance needed can be significant when the belay rope comes under load.
- Risk of developing slack in the belay rope by focusing too much on the primary system.
- Risk of neglecting the quality of the belay system setup. Warning: this system must be fully operational at all times.
- Risk of the rope path shifting and of unforeseen abrasion on the belay rope as it comes under load following a work rope failure.
2. Examples of hauling with twin tensioned haul lines
The two ropes have the same function and work in parallel: each rope supports half the load.
Buy Your Gear Here
[thrive_lead_lock id=’51985′]Hidden Content[/thrive_lead_lock]
Peace on your Days…
13 thoughts on “Team Rescue Techniques for Hauling and Lowering with Petzl Maestro”
174444 930293brilliantly insightful post. If only it was as effortless to implement some with the solutions as it was to read and nod my head at each of your points 354173
This blog is definitely rather handy since I’m at the moment creating an internet floral website – although I am only starting out therefore it’s really fairly small, nothing like this site. Can link to a few of the posts here as they are quite. Thanks much. Zoey Olsen
I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I am hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.
Greetings! Very helpful advice on this article! It is the little changes that make the biggest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!
289862 174124Found your weblog and decided to have a study on it, not what I typically do, but this blog is great. Awesome to see a web site thats not spammed, and actually makes some sense. Anyway, fantastic write up. 333357
936045 451452Hey there, Can I copy this post image and implement it on my individual web log? 663908
733231 834155Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is incredible, wonderful written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to see extra posts like this . 748764
Thanks a lot for the article.Really thank you! Really Cool.
900128 195060Thank you for sharing with us, I feel this website truly stands out : D. 15808
32856 913931I definitely did not understand that. Learnt 1 thing new today! Thanks for that. 151662
176853 602411You developed some decent points there. I looked more than the internet for any dilemma and identified most individuals goes as nicely as together with your web site. 734423
990957 790685Hey really nice weblog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Remarkable .. I will bookmark your internet site and take the feeds alsoIm satisfied to seek out numerous valuable information here inside the post, we want develop much more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. 338916
419007 488614Merely a smiling visitor here to share the really like (:, btw excellent pattern . 200196
Comments are closed.