This is an Official CMC Application Series video ~ Enjoy!!!!
CLUTCH 11MM LOWERING & HAULING
This CLUTCH application video covers lowering and hauling with the 11mm CLUTCH. We begin by demonstrating single line methods and progress to Twin Tension Rope Systems (TTRS) in mirrored and nested double CLUTCH configurations. Combining the CLUTCH with CMC’s G11 Lifeline creates 11mm NFPA G-Rated systems that save weight and reduce volume, ideal for any rescue or training operation. Always use a backup when training or working on rope.
New! Built around the all-new CMC CLUTCH™ by Harken Industrial™, the Double CLUTCH Twin Tension Rope System (TTRS) Kit delivers best practice twin tension hauling/lowering for any rescue or training operation. This kit comes with two color-coded RigTech Packs™ that each carry independent hauling/lowering systems designed to work together in mirrored or nested configurations. Rescuers can use these components to build mechanical advantage systems on both 200ft 11mm CMC G11™ Lifelines simultaneously including a 3:1, 3:1 with change of direction, or complex 5:1. These ready-to-go systems minimize gear sorting and allocation. Rescue teams can shoulder their RigTech Packs knowing they have everything they need to quickly and efficiently deploy a best practice TTRS.
- CMC Clutch
- Petzl ASAP Lock
- CMC Stainless Steel Rescue Litter
- CMC G11 Lifeline
- CMC Double Clutch TTRS Kit
The CLUTCH is patented and made in the USA by CMC and Harken Industrial in a partnership that combines over 90 years of experience in rescue and rope management. Suited to a multitude of rigging operations, the CLUTCH moves seamlessly between anchor-based systems and personal use. It offers unparalleled versatility for the rope technician through efficient hauling, controlled lowering, easy ascending, smooth descending, bellying, and twin tensioning.
The heart of the CLUTCH is a stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave. The sheave has three key benefits. First, it delivers highly efficient progress capture for easy hauling and ascending, making the CLUTCH more efficient than a traditional cam-style descender. Second, the clicking sound provides an audible safety check that confirms the rope is feeding properly and progress is being made. Third, the rope takes an intuitive path around the sheave, making the CLUTCH easy to reeve.
A double latched side plate creates a two-step opening process. This safety feature prevents the side plate from opening unintentionally. The independent attachment point allows the CLUTCH to be loaded and unloaded without unclipping it from the carabiner. The user is able to perform quick transitions with less risk of dropping the device. The CLUTCH has an ergonomic control handle that is comfortable and easy-to-use with light and heavy loads.
GET THE TTRS AND AHD TRILOGY TRAINING BUNDLE PACK
The CLUTCH also has a built-in force limiting feature that allows it to safely and reliably slip in overrode situations. When arresting a fall, the CLUTCH limits the dynamic impact load to dissipate energy. Another strength of the CLUTCH is it’s all metal components. The machined aluminum chassis and stainless steel wear guards deliver lightweight durability that lasts longer than plastic parts. The versatility of the CLUTCH is further increased with the integrated becket, which allows direct connection of pulleys for building mechanical advantage systems.
- Single wearable tool suited for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending, and belaying.
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave provide efficient and audible progress capture.
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- Anti-Panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures lightweight durability.
- Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
- The only 10.5-11.5 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8.
- The only 12.5-13 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8.
- The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11 Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G rated systems using 11 mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
- Patent pending
The training & the skills your team needs to help succeed! ALL IN ONE PLACE.
Are you interested in knowing even more about Twin Tension Systems and AHD use?
Peace on your Days