So having just come back from a weekend with a bunch of nerds… rigging nerds, I realized a great many things and while I am still pontificating most of the information, I came away with a way to help me bridge the information into something practical and useful. So here is a super quick, down and dirty brain-dump. Welcome to my version of “design rigging”.
There were many presenters this weekend at ITRS and two of those were Rich Siemer of SMC and Kelly Byrne of Rescue 2 Training. Via a few upcoming blogs, I will be sharing some of their work with you, but for now… suffice it to say, these two exemplify what I am about to share. Ironically enough, both shared some incredible insights into the wonderful of 3D images… that being artificial high directionals or AHDs.
So what does LAUNCH stand for?
- Look, listen, learn. Before you can set about solving a problem, developing an ida or addressing and issue or a need, you must understand it and the people affected by it. This is done by clubating curiosity about and empathy for your students, audience, team or patients.
- Ask lots of questions. Take the time to explore the issue and problem in detail. Not the solution, just the problem. Ask yourself or those you are working with or for, what is interesting or challenging or surprising about the given problem.
- Understand the problem or process. This is where your question and discussions are supplemented with some research. Bring some clarity to the true problem to be solved.
- Navigate ideas. This is where you can start brainstorming solutions, leveraging some of the creativity you’ve been working on and evaluate the merits of what you’ve been developing.
- Create. Understanding that all of the above takes time, energy and resources… you are now ready to turn ideas into something of substance. Building your system is now in full gear. It might be rough, but once you get to this point… revisiting all of the other components will become much much easier.
- Highlight what’s working and failing. Glitches, friction points, strange resultants or a lack of enforcement… all are likely there for you to figure out. But YOU WILL!!! This brings you right back to the beginning of the cycle again.
This process works. It is powerful, effective and often very frustrating. Stay with it… the fruit is always worth the effort you put into it. So Happy Rigging!!!!
Peace on your days…
[thrive_lead_lock id=’51985′]Hidden Content[/thrive_lead_lock]