Choice of lanyard end carabiner for a fall arrest lanyard
Key issues and risks
The fall arrest lanyard is not under tension, but must stop a fall at any time: the connectors must be secure and kept well-positioned.
The carabiner be easily attachable to various anchors, sometimes of large diameter, so its shape must be chosen with care.
Recommendation on carabiner and accessories
– Use a carabiner shape suitable for the anchors you encounter
– Use a carabiner positioning system (STRING or plastic sleeve) or a directional carabiner
Good anchor placement and controlled situations
In most work situations, the anchors are planned and placed to limit risks in case of a fall.
Difficult anchors and situations
When the anchor placement does not allow for control over all potential rub points or bad placements, use carabiners that are certified to ANSI or CSA North American standards, which have locking sleeves with greater resistance to external pressure.
BUY PETZL CARABINERS
Why this choice?
Triple action locking offers the best security when it is not possible to use a connector that locks with a tool.
The carabiner positioning system helps correctly position the carabiner, but also facilitates clipping as it rigidifies the lanyard/carabiner assembly.
Precautions for use
- Beware of the position of the carabiner in the anchor and of possible external pressure situations around the anchor that can produce cantilever loading.
- When clipping, check that the carabiner is correctly positioned in the anchor, and that the sleeve is completely locked.
- Plan your movements during use to anticipate the movement of the carabiners and the risks of poor positioning.
- Use the most secure locking system possible, depending on your frequency of clipping/unclipping.
- If there is any doubt about carabiner positioning in the anchors, use a Y-lanyard to be protected by two carabiners simultaneously.
- With a Y-lanyard, keep the two arms connected to one anchor as much as possible.
[thrive_lead_lock id=’51985′]Hidden Content[/thrive_lead_lock]
Peace on your Days
10 thoughts on “Choice of Petzl lanyard and carabiner for a fall arrest lanyard”
200817 190894I agree with your points , fantastic post. 752615
770591 892789Good blog here! following reading, i decide to buy a sleeping bag ASAP 563822
571905 80349quite good publish, i definitely love this web internet site, carry on it 204970
879983 500545Wohh exactly what I was looking for, regards for putting up. 679514
Hi there, I found your web site by the use of Google while looking for a comparable subject, your website came up, it appears good. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
738684 624524This sort of considering develop change in an individuals llife, building our Chicago Pounds reduction going on a diet model are a wide actions toward making the fact goal in mind. shed weight 188393
107025 140874Can anyone aid me out? It is going to be a lot appreciated. 403084
Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my site so i came to “go back the choose”.I’m trying to in finding issues to enhance my website!I guess its good enough to make use of some of your concepts!!
762457 978482 An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I believe which you need to write more on this subject, it might not be a taboo subject but typically folks are not enough to speak on such topics. Towards the next. Cheers 948030
Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally talk over with my web site =). We can have a link alternate agreement among us!
Comments are closed.