Choice of Lanyard End Carabiner for a Work Positioning Lanyard
The anchors encountered can have variable dimensions,the carabiner shape must be suitable.
Carabiner operation must be rapid, to facilitate attachment to anchors.
At the moment of attachment, the user has the carabiner in hand, and so is able to check that the carabiner is correctly positioned.
During work, monitoring carabiners in use can be difficult.
Recommendation on carabiner and accessories
Use a VERTIGO TWIST-LOCK with a positioning system (STRING, TANGA, plastic sleeve).
Why this choice?
• The VERTIGO’s shape provides a wide opening
• The TWIST-LOCK system provides a good balance between speed of operation and security
• Ergonomics may be prioritized for the lanyard end carabiner, as the user must use a backup belay system in addition to the work positioning lanyard
• The carabiner positioning system helps correctly position the carabiner, but also facilitates clipping as it rigidifies the lanyard/carabiner assembly
• When clipping, check that the carabiner is correctly positioned in the anchor, and that the sleeve is completely locked
• Plan your movements during use to anticipate the movement of the carabiners and the risks of poor positioning
• Make sure to have another lanyard clipped in, or another belay system, before moving your lanyard from one anchor to another
[thrive_lead_lock id=’56688′]Hidden Content[/thrive_lead_lock]
Peace on your Days