Get More Done With Less… and remove the mystery out of “the theory” of Mechanical Advantage Systems.
Mechanical Advantage Systems ~ arguably is the “bulwark” of rope rescue… giving strong support, encouragement and leadership to those in need.
Wait! Doesn’t “bulwark” have to do with wall like structures raised for defense? Like a seawall? Sort of… a bulwark is also a “support structure or protection”, such as principles that stand in defense of attack for freedom! Well, what does Freedom have to do with haul systems?
Anyone who has had to “unbugger” a POS system (sorry… you know what I mean), that another has built knows the reason for the nightmare is a lack of supporting structures that coincide with efficient problem solving and mechanical advantage system design and engineering.
- Simple MA – Consider the hauling field; that is to say, configure the MA system in a way that maximizes that amount of ground area the haul team can operate.
- Compound MA – Mechanical advantage systems always involve trade-offs. While applying an MA system to a rescue load will multiply hauling power, the speed at which the load moves will decrease proportionally.
- Complex MA – Major tag-lines or commonly known as “two rope offsets” are two (2) rope systems working together in a complementary fashion”. They are used to negotiate much greater gaps than a deflected offset.
- Mechanical Advantage Part 1
- Mechanical Advantage Part 2
- Mechanical Advantage Part 3
- MA Progression
- Calculating MA
- Haul System Basics and Pulley Systems
- Pulleys and Mechanical Advantage Systems
- Parallel Hauls
- Mechanical Advantage Systems Efficiency
Peace on your Days